If you are like the majority of homeowners you don’t think too much about the parts of a refrigerator until it stops running, or before it comes time to buy a new model. In order to get the most out of this important appliance it can be good to know exactly how it keeps your food and drinks cool—and Hub City Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Continue reading to find out all you should understand concerning how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and if it is time to hire refrigerator repair CITY.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find too many homes that do not feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a standard household appliance for many years. A refrigerator will store food at the best temperature, to reduce rotting and slow down bacteria. The concept of refrigeration starts by moving the heat from the interior of the appliance to the outside, using principles of condensation and evaporation.
The components of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call Hub City Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is both a pump and motor, and it’s necessary for circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
The compressor is an integral piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should hire a professional service if the compressor isn’t working.
The condenser is found on the rear outside panel of the refrigerator and helps to emit the heat collected from inside the refrigerator out into the air.
A refrigerator evaporator is stored in the inside of a refrigerator where absorbs heat contained within it, thereby lowering the interior temperature.
Once the evaporator stops working, it is time to call a professional. Do not wait too long.
Liquid refrigerant is directed within a capillary tube which acts as an expansion device to cool the gas inside, turning it into a liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat will regulate the temperature within the refrigerator, starting the cooling cycle as it is required.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is prone to problems. Troubleshoot and call a repairman in CITY for service right after an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature in the interior of a refrigerator goes above the set point sensors signal the compressor to begin, and the next cooling period starts. The appliance collects the cool liquified refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and raises the temperature, so it can turn into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor directs the hot gas towards the condenser coils on the exterior of the refrigerator, where it comes into contact with the lower air temperature in the room and transforms to a liquid form.
3. The cool refrigerant continues its trip to the refrigerator evaporator, finding its way through the coils within the appliance and freezer compartment.
4. The liquid absorbs the heated air from the interior of the refrigerator, thereby cooling the temperature down to the optimal set point.
5. The refrigerant then evaporates, and will return back to a gas, and returns to the compressor so it can then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is used in many applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting warmth from a single place and transferring it to a different one the continuous cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling a house, provides a perfect environment for food that is perishable, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of a lot of different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need professional attention? Time to schedule repair with Hub City Appliance Repair.
Hub City Appliance Repair can service almost all popular models of refrigerators – including restaurant models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our licensed appliance repairmen in CITY complete training to repair and troubleshoot issues with cooling, ice makers, condensation problems, puddles of water and leaks, lighting, digital controls, smart synchronization and various issues. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! Schedule now!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2020  Hub City Appliance Repair